- In early May, Quentin Bargate attended the annual Cayman Islands Shipping Registry Yacht Committee Meeting at the Marriott Hotel in Grand Cayman. Quentin Bargate says: “The Committee comprises leading industry...
- For some time now, the Russian authorities have expressed concerns over the use of offshore structures by Russian corporations and individuals. This has culminated in the enactment of the Controlled...
- Are you a property lawyer, preferably with a client following? Do you want to be part of a successful and proactive award winning law firm? Bargate Murray are looking to...
- In September last year Bargate Murray hosted the popular Russian Party at the Monaco Yacht show. Check out this article by Yachts Russia who interviewed our Senior Partner, Quentin Bargate....
- The Monaco yacht show 2014 was bigger and better than ever for superyacht law firm Bargate Murray, who enjoyed networking with other leaders in the yachting industry – whether they...
- We’re back! With our co-sponsors, we will once again be hosting our number 1 ranked event at Vintage Bar, 24-27 September 2014 during the Monaco Yacht Show. We hope to...
We solve problems and help save you money
We are a multi award-winning firm of solicitors. Click on a skill for more information
Business matters at Bargate Murray – it matters to you and it matters to us. We act for a wide range of national and international clients, small and large, corporate and individual and we always place the emphasis on client service and great results – all at a cutting edge price.
Bargate Murray offers a broad range of expertise in aviation advice. It has extensive experience in business and commercial aviation, and is able to advise on a wide variety of regulatory matters. The team’s experience includes commercial agreements common to the industry, from sale and purchase agreements and charter and lease agreements, to maintenance and support agreements.
We build sound relationships with you and your company to develop an in-depth understanding of your legal needs. Whatever the stage of the business, we can offer relevant, cost-effective advice with real results.
We are one of the world’s foremost superyacht law firms. Over many years, we have developed in-depth experience in this niche area, where confidentiality and personal service are essential.
Using our considerable experience in handling complex cases, we seek to avoid time-consuming and expensive court action, whether via an early financial settlement between parties, or through a form of Alternative Dispute Resolution such as mediation.
Shipping & Insurance
With nearly 50 years of collective experience in practising shipping and Insurance law at the highest levels, our two founding partners are among the best placed in the UK to meet your needs.
We have extensive experience in advising internet start-ups, IT companies and innovative business, and businesses dealing with or affected by the internet and IT / e-commerce.
This is a specialist area at which we excel. Clients benefit from our ability to settle disagreements through skilled use of all forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), including negotiation, mediation or arbitration, thereby removing the need for a lengthy and expensive court process.
We are always willing to consider taking on new members of the firm who can add that something extra to our practice, just send us your CV if you’re interested in being considered for a position. Mark your letters on the front in bold type ”Recruitment” and addressed to the Senior Partner. Alternatively, contact us online.
Our many client testimonials say more about us than we ever can
"We have worked closely with Bargate Murray... their assistance and support has been invaluable to the success of the project"− In regard to a recent yacht project
"Quentin... has a very practical commercial understanding of what has to be done to get the job done, I wholeheartedly recommend him"−
"Quentin and Bargate Murray are no nonsense lawyers who know their oats and fight for their clients. They call a spade a spade so you know exactly where you are with them. You can expect high quality advice and action (where required)."− Michael Strelitz, Director at DataSafe Services Limited