- The Special Tripartite Committee established in accordance with Article XIII of the Maritime Labour Convention 2006 has held its first meeting in Geneva this month. During the meeting, the Committee...
- On 4 July 2014, the Royal Navy’s largest and newest aircraft carrier, will be named by Her Majesty in Dock on the back on the Forth. The ship will be...
- The Chicago Convention of 1944 establishes a framework of rules which govern international civil aviation. It contains a number of principles which are fundamental to the way in which the...
- For the second time this year the Danish Maritime Authority have detained a foreign ship for infringing the Maritime Labour Convention 2006, which entered into force in August 2013. Denmark’s...
- In its recent decision in Cartier parfums-lunettes v Ziegler France SA* the European Court of Justice (ECJ) has provided some helpful clarification on an important aspect of the Brussels Regulation,...
- The recent judgment in Brownlie v Four Seasons Holdings Inc  EWHC 273 (QB) offers a reminder of the Court’s power to prevent the use of defective witness statements. The...
We solve problems and help save you money
We are a multi award-winning firm of solicitors. Click on a skill for more information
Business matters at Bargate Murray – it matters to you and it matters to us. We act for a wide range of national and international clients, small and large, corporate and individual and we always place the emphasis on client service and great results - all at a cutting edge price.
Bargate Murray offers a broad range of expertise in aviation advice. It has extensive experience in business and commercial aviation, and is able to advise on a wide variety of regulatory matters. The team’s experience includes commercial agreements common to the industry, from sale and purchase agreements and charter and lease agreements, to maintenance and support agreements.
We build sound relationships with you and your company to develop an in-depth understanding of your legal needs. Whatever the stage of the business, we can offer relevant, cost-effective advice with real results.
We are one of the world’s foremost superyacht law firms. Over many years, we have developed in-depth experience in this niche area, where confidentiality and personal service are essential.
Using our considerable experience in handling complex cases, we seek to avoid time-consuming and expensive court action, whether via an early financial settlement between parties, or through a form of Alternative Dispute Resolution such as mediation.
Shipping & Insurance
With nearly 50 years of collective experience in practising shipping and Insurance law at the highest levels, our two founding partners are among the best placed in the UK to meet your needs.
We have extensive experience in advising internet start-ups, IT companies and innovative business, and businesses dealing with or affected by the internet and IT / e-commerce.
This is a specialist area at which we excel. Clients benefit from our ability to settle disagreements through skilled use of all forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), including negotiation, mediation or arbitration, thereby removing the need for a lengthy and expensive court process.
We are always willing to consider taking on new members of the firm who can add that something extra to our practice, just send us your CV if you’re interested in being considered for a position. Mark your letters on the front in bold type ”Recruitment” and addressed to the Senior Partner. Alternatively, contact us online.
Our many client testimonials say more about us than we ever can
"We have worked closely with Bargate Murray... their assistance and support has been invaluable to the success of the project"− In regard to a recent yacht project
"Quentin... has a very practical commercial understanding of what has to be done to get the job done, I wholeheartedly recommend him"−
"Quentin and Bargate Murray are no nonsense lawyers who know their oats and fight for their clients. They call a spade a spade so you know exactly where you are with them. You can expect high quality advice and action (where required)."− Michael Strelitz, Director at DataSafe Services Limited