International lawyers to the aviation industry
Bargate Murray advises companies and ultra high net worth (UHNW) individuals on a range of legal matters in relation to aviation. Our extensive experience in business and commercial aviation covers commercial aviation agreements, including sale and purchase and aircraft financing, regulatory and operational matters, and dispute resolution by way of arbitration and litigation.
We take a practical approach and always provide real-world commercial advice. Deals we have been involved in include advising the owner of a private jet on a finance transaction worth approximately USD$90m. Commercial arrangements relating to aviation on which we advise include agreements for the sale, purchase and financing of aircraft, leasing and charter agreements, and corporate jet ownership.
We have particular expertise in litigation involving aircraft and engine maintenance contracts, including acting for major players in the aerospace manufacturing industry.
Bargate Murray’s aviation team capability:
- Commercial aviation agreements including sales and purchases
- Leasing and charter agreements
- Aircraft financing and refinancing
- Maintenance and support agreements
- Aircraft registration, operator certification and the rules regulating aircraft operations
- UK and EU safety rules relating to air operations and airworthiness
- Dispute resolution and litigation in relation to aviation contracts, insurance and personal injury claims