Meet Our Team
Tel: +44 (0) 207 375 1393
Adam Ramlugon is the firm’s Managing Partner and has extensive experience in superyacht and a wide range of other commercial matters. His client base includes UHNW individuals, family offices, private banks, yacht managers and other law firms that require English legal advice in connection with superyachts or other luxury assets.
His practice covers both transactional and contentious work. This means he is able to advise his clients on every aspect of the ownership, use and enjoyment of their luxury assets, be they superyachts, private jets, classic cars or fine art.
Clients praise Adam’s attention to detail, and his ability to advise on a wide array of legal issues in a clear and approachable way. Here are some of the things Adam’s clients and contacts say about him:
“Top superyacht lawyer”
“I cannot recommend him enough”
“[in relation to a superyacht project] we couldn’t do this without you!”
Adam is a member of the Royal Thames Yacht Club and a regular contributor to Yacht Investor magazine, where he helps keep the industry up to date with the latest relevant legal developments.
Examples of Adam’s work include:
Superyachts and Luxury Assets
- Superyacht construction, sale and purchase, tax and regulatory advice
- Jet and superyacht finance
- VAT advice as it pertains to superyachts and other luxury assets
- Advising on the applicability of the EU Temporary Admission regime (among other forms of tax/customs duty) relief as they apply to both yachts and aircraft
- Advising on the security measures to be implemented on a €200m superyacht
- Yacht registration and ownership matters
- Company re-domiciliation
- Advising on the effects of the Maritime Labour Convention 2006 (MLC). Adam and the team enjoyed the privilege of working with the first Cayman flagged yacht to be awarded its MLC certificate of compliance.
- Preparing MLC-compliant Seafarer Employment Agreements.
Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Large commercial arbitration work, pursuant to LMAA rules (among others)
- Resolving disputes pursuant to expert determination procedures
- Warranty claims under construction contracts
- Insurance based litigation
- Dispute resolution including arbitration work under LMAA Rules and ad hoc references
Reported cases with which Adam has been involved include:
- Consolidated Contractors (Oil and Gas) Company SAL (acting by Mr. Lee Manning as receiver) v Canadian Nexen Petroleum Yemen & Others
- Acting for a court-appointed receiver of a judgment debtor company. The international arbitration was expedited and heard over a two day hearing in Geneva, and involved complex multiple systems of law including Yemeni, Lebanese, and English law in what was a ground-breaking attempt by an English court-appointed receiver to gain control of foreign assets (in this case oil situate in Yemen).
- Gamit Ltd v Saudi Arabian Airlines Corp & Anor  EWHC 989
- Defending the maintenance division of German jet engine manufacturer MTU in a dispute over title to replacement jet engine parts of some $20m
For more information, or to get in touch with Adam, please email email@example.com